Welcome to Class 3
Welcome to Class 3! During your child’s time in our class he/she will learn many valuable skills to help prepare them for primary school and life in general. Children will learn through fun, planned activities that will be incorporated into their play. Through play and our daily routine children will develop through the seven areas of learning:
Communication and Language
* Our environment will help children develop their language and communication skills by giving them the opportunity to express themselves and speak and listen in a range of situations.
* Children will develop both their fine and gross motor skills during indoor and outdoor play. They will learn about the importance of healthy lifestyle choices and will develop their self care skills.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
* Children will develop an understanding of their own and others feelings. Sharing and turn taking will be encouraged during continuous provision and through adult led activities.
* Children will experience a repertoire of stories and songs. Through these, children will start to develop their phonemic awareness, the ability to hear and identify different words and sounds. This will prepare them for when they start reading and writing.
* Children will develop their number and counting skills through daily routines and through play in the indoor and outdoor environment. They will explore shape and space through various activities.
Expressive Art and Design
* Children will be given the opportunity to express themselves through experiences such as mark making, creative activities, music and dance. They will develop their imagination through role play scenarios with other children.
Understanding the World
* Children will learn about the world around them including life cycles and change. They will be given the opportunity to use technological equipment and will learn about other cultures by taking part in various cultural celebrations.
We will provide a fun, educational and happy environment for your child to learn in. Please be prepared for them to get messy. It’s all part of the learning!